Updated: July 6, 2022
If you reside in the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland, you may have additional rights with respect to your Personal Data, as further outlined below. These rights may include rights under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the EU, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland.
Collection of your Personal Data
We collect the following categories of Personal Data about you when you use or otherwise interact with our Products:
- Email address
- Home/work/mobile telephone number
- Facebook/LinkedIn profile information (when you use Facebook/LinkedIn to log-in to our Products or to create an account for our Products)
- IP addresses and other information collected passively, as further detailed in the “Passive Collection” section below
- Device identifiers, as further described in the “Mobile Application” section below
We collect and/or process your Personal Data in connection with the below activities related to our Products:
- Account registration
- Use of certain Product features
- Generating reports based on information collected from use of our Products
- Requesting service and support for our Products and providing such support
- Registering to attend an event
- Registering for newsletter subscriptions
- Customizing the advertising and content you see
HOW Hyperverse International COLLECTS INFORMATION
User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name and email address) to Hyperverse International when choosing to participate in various activities on the Hyperverse International Site such as uploading content, posting content or subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists. Cookies Information: When you visit the Hyperverse International Site, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. Hyperverse International uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Hyperverse International Site may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled. Log File Information: When you use the Hyperverse International Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. Clear GIFs Information: When you use the Hyperverse International Site, we may employ “clear GIFs” (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
HOW Hyperverse International USES INFORMATION
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity (i.e. processing that is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, such as your user agreement with us that allows us to provide you with the Products) and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others (e.g. our users) such as:
- Personalizing, improving or operating our Products and business
- Better understanding your needs and interests
- Fulfilling requests you make related to the Products
- Providing you with information and offers from us or third parties
- Complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes with users, enforcing our agreements
- Protecting, investigating and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity
We process Personal Data for purposes such as:
- To process your orders and deliver the Products that you have ordered
- To provide reports based on information collected from use of our Products
- To keep you up to date on the latest Product announcements, software updates, software upgrades, system enhancements, special offers, and other information
- To provide support and assistance for our Products
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content
- To provide the ability to contact you and provide you with shipping and billing information
- To provide customer feedback and support
- To the extent you choose to participate, to conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers and end users
- To support recruitment inquiries
- To personalize marketing communications and website content based on your preferences, such as in response to your request for specific information on products and services that may be of interest
- To contact individuals that you refer to us and identify you as the source of the referral, in accordance with the “Referral” section below
- To meet contract or legal obligations
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our products, you represent that you have their consent to provide us your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the website. Unless we are authorized by your friend, we will only use your friend’s name and email address for the purposes of sending this one-time email and maintaining an activity log of our referral program.
You can choose whether to provide Personal Data to Hyperverse International, but note that you may be unable to access certain options, offers, and services if they require Personal Data that you have not provided. You can sign-up, and therefore consent, to receive email or newsletter communications from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving these communications, you can update your preferences by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Us” section.
Data Subject Rights
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data as set forth below. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your requests, or we may ask you to provide us with additional information in connection with your request, which may be Personal Data, for example, if we need to verify your identity or the nature of your request. In such situations, however, we will still respond to let you know of our decision.
To make any of the following requests, contact us using the contact details referred to in the “Contact Us” section.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you. You can also request a copy of the Personal Data.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly by logging into your service account. Please contact us as soon as possible upon noticing any such inaccuracy or incompleteness.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the collection or use of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Portability: You have the right to ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another entity where technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Products.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about Zoom’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
As a general rule, we retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, maintain appropriate business records, and enforce our agreements. In general, for example, we will retain relevant contact information of clients, prospective clients and Site visitors for three years from the date of our last interaction with you and in compliance with our obligations under applicable laws. Our clients instruct us on how long to retain Client Data, which we handle as a data processor. We may retain personal information for longer where required by our regulatory obligations, professional indemnity obligations, or where we believe necessary to establish, defend, or protect our legal rights and interests or those of others.
Hyperverse International and our third party service providers automatically collect some information about you when you use our Products, using methods such as cookies and tracking technologies (further described below). Information automatically collected includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the website and/or Products.
In addition, when you use some of our Products, network information is transmitted back to us such as Product usage information. This information is transmitted back to us so we can determine how users are interacting with our Products, to assist us with improving our Products, and to correct any problems that may occur.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. Our Products do not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that we collect information about your online activity both while you are using the Products and after you leave our properties.
When you download and use our Products, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or ”UDID“). We may send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you can turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
We collect information about where you are located when you are using our Products. We use this information for purposes such as optimizing your connection to our data center and suggesting customizations to your experience with our Products (e.g. your language preference). We share this information with parties such as our data center provider and our advertising partners. If you do not wish to allow us to share your information in this manner please opt-out by contacting us at email@example.com
WHEN Hyperverse International DISCLOSES INFORMATION
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT PRIVACY
THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISERS, LINKS TO OTHER SITES
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
Hyperverse International is committed to protecting the Personal Data you share with us. We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
We recommend you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Data when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hyperverse International uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Hyperverse International and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Hyperverse International makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If Hyperverse International learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Hyperverse International may post a notice on the Hyperverse International Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us using this contact form.
Our websites and services may provide links to other third-party websites and services which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) sites you visit or services you use.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Hyperverse International does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on the Hyperverse International Site from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our website is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Hyperverse International Site at any time or in any manner. If Hyperverse International learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the Hyperverse International Site without verified parental consent, then Hyperverse International will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Standard Contractual Clauses
In certain cases, Hyperverse International will transfer Personal Data from the EU in accordance with the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses, a copy of which can be obtained at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32010D0087.
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that Hyperverse International is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically and this will be reflected by the “effective date” below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received the personal information you provided. Your continued use of the Hyperverse International Site constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions. For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of the personal information you have already provided to us, we will attempt to obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information. Date Last Modified: This Privacy Notice was last modified April 24, 2020.
Please contact Hyperverse International with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice by sending an email to us at email@example.com or write us at: Hyperverse International, DME Events sprl, Attention: Website Coordinator: Avenue Gustave Demey 57, 1160 Brussels, Belgium.